Tuesday, January 4, 2011

*Holiday Happenings*


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We stayed home this year but had lots of fun with our family and friends.

We had a fun christmas party with some of our best friends in Jake's class. It just wouldn't have been the same without them! This was finally the first year we were all here for Christmas. We have been so thankful to have such great friends for the last 3 1/2 years that we have been in Virgina it is going to be sad to leave them all!!

The Dallings, Sedwicks, Dunns, Nobles, and Us. I loved everyone's Sweaters!!


We played some fun games, had a white elephant gift exchange and lots of yummy food!

Jake sister told us about this game, " Jingle in the trunk" so Jake looked it up on Minute to win it. It was a blast... yes, a little embarrassing shaking your booty all by yourself in front of everyone but hilarious! It was a Kleenex box belted around your waist with jingle bells in it, You have to shake until they come out.
Even this Kids joined in the fun shaking and jumping seemed to work quite well!



We played this bubble gum game that I remembered from one of my childhood birthday parties.
You unwrap bubblegum with forks, and its the first person to blow a bubble. If you roll a double, 7, or 11 its your turn but when someone else rolls it then you have to stop and its their turn.




Jake went first to do his thing... he was mostly just showing off his awesome dance moves!

Everyone said I was really funny but I'm pretty sure that means I looked the most ridiculous!

Do you notice anything wrong with this picture?
This is one of the White Elephant gifts I noticed the next day, How does it look, should I leave it there?


Jake rocked his sweater with a new 60's look. I think he wishes I would let him do his hair and facial hair like this everyday!

We went to another Christmas party with some friends that were around for Christmas and played more games from "Minute to win it" They really are so much fun!
This one was "Face the Cookie" You had to get the cookie from your forehead to your mouth only using your facial muscles. Nichole won, but I was close behind.


And "Penny hose" you have a penny in the bottom of the stockings and you have to reach in get the penny out without using anything for help. It was quite fun watching the guys do this!


"Paper Streamer Dragons" you unroll a streamer using one hand. It's a great shoulder work out, Jake and I were both sore for the next few days.


And "Ping Pong Tac Toe" You bounce ping pong balls into cups of water to get a tic tac toe.
Thanks Sarah and Nichole for the fun Party!!


I just love this picture. Taylor loves this doll lately. She takes it everywhere, the store, the gym to bed and anywhere else we go.


Why does it have to be so hard to take family pictures, we even had to bribe them with fruit snacks. And we finally got one we liked.

Whit loves any games he can play with mom and dad and having pillow fights is his new one. The harder the better and if he falls down it is even funnier!

We wanted to do our Christmas picture in Christmas pj's this year and since theirs are to small from last year they got to open the pj's a few weeks early. They were so excited to get new Christmas pj's.


For Thanksgiving we went to our friends, Richard and Heather's.
Richards grandma, "Mammy" was there, she always brings presents for the kids it is so sweet. She got them these big bubble wands and they had so much fun outside blowing bubbles.

We had lots of yummy food and good company.

I put Taylor's hair in these curlers to see how it would look, she actually kept them in better than I thought she would, she only had two out when she woke up from her nap. She had a cute little wave in the front but I knew it would drive her crazy so I had to pull it back. It gave her hair nice body though.

The falls are so pretty here in Richmond, we are going to miss them. We have a huge tree right behind our house that makes quite a big mess of leaves but at least the kids enjoy them.

7 comments:

Furniss Family said...

Looks like a fun Christmas and Thanksgiving!!! I love this time of year :) Cute picture of you shaking your booty at the Christmas party, lol.

Rucker Family said...

Too funny! Love all the fun games and fancy sweaters! ;) Love your Christmas card too...such a cute fam! Miss you guys! Hope you're enjoying your last few months as dental students!

Jaci said...

jake wins best sweater and mustache combo. yuck.

Marci*Jake said...

And by 'yuck' I'm sure you mean, 'It makes me sick to my stomach that I wasn't able to behold the beauty and majesty of the mustache/sweater combo in person.'

Andrea said...

Awww... Marci! Jake! We miss you guys! Looks like you had a ton of fun at Christmas. We could've used you at our party. One day we'll live closer to each other!
Are you getting excited for your move? Are you going to have your mom come out and help you?

angerine said...

hey, ... I'm pretty sure all these pictures weren't here last time I looked! (wasn't that just last week?)
When I look at all the fun times you've had with your friends, I know you are gonna be sooo sad to leave them all. Who's it going to be hardest on, YOU or Whit?
Dad just said that he wishes he could push Whit & Tay in the swing, We miss all of you.

angerine said...

whoaa, how come I'm signed in under Angie... sooo sneaky. It's me, Mom. But she loves you too.