Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Whits Tagged



Whits favorite girl friend, Samantha has tagged him.
1) Whit loves to dance, anytime I turn on his Baby Einstien video, he just starts bouncin' up and down. Some nights while I get Whit ready for bed we watch Two and a Half Men and the introduction song is Whits favorite song I think. I will try and post the video of Whit dancing to it.
2) It is amazing how quick he learns things just from watching me. Everytime I change his diaper I would take it and set it on the porch, he has seen me do it so much that now he just picks up the daiper after I change him and walks over to the door and knocks it on the window until I open it and then he sets it in the little pile of daipers.


3) He is learning to play with his toys a lot more now and it is so much fun. He got some little toy trucks for Christmas, and he can't get them to go on the carpet so he picks them up and carries it to the wood and drives it all around and it is so cute. I just love it.


4) He just loves to make messes, especially if it makes me mad, I think he does it on purpose. Like when he is in his high chair he will hold his hand over the edge with food in it and look at me waiting to see if I am going to stop him and if I don't he throws it and says, "UH OOOH!" That is definately his favorite word.
5) Whit has been so good about going down for naps, and bedtime lately. We have the same routine we do just about everynight before bedtime and he just lays right down and goes to sleep. Even the other night it was so cute after Jake put him in bed and said goodnight Whit just waved Bye Bye.


6) Whit loves to play with other kids. When we go to the park or anywhere there are kids, he gets so excited. He loves to follow them around and do whatever they are doing. Especially if they are older. I guess it can be a good way for him to learn new things. Thats how he learned to go down the stairs, by watching other kids.
7) He is so excited for the spring time. He could play outside all day if I let him. Everytime I say lets go, he knows that means we are going outside or out somewhere? And before we leave out the door he always makes sure he has at least one ball in his hand! His balls are definately his favorite toys, All 5 of them, he will try to carry as many as he can.
8) The last two weeks have been a really long two weeks for all of us, it has been the first time Whit has been really sick. All started very early Easter Moring. Whit didn’t sleep much at all that night. He kept waking up with a fever. I thought it was because his molars were coming in, and he just wouldn’t stop crying whatever I did. I knew he needed something so all three of us got in the car and drove to walmart to get so baby Motrin, just to find that it was closed at 3:00 in the morning. We drove all around for awhile and couldn’t find a single store open. At least the car ride soothed him a bit. So by the time we got home he finally fell asleep for maybe an hour then woke up screaming again. I sat with him trying to calm him, but still nothing worked finally at 6:00 we knew the stores would be open and went and got him some Motrin. We got home and then he finally fell asleep at 7:30 in the morning. What a fun Easter Morning Huh? Well the rest of that day wasn’t any better. Monday he seemed much better so I didn’t worry about taking him to the doctor. Then Monday night it started up again, atleast this time we already had some medicine. Tuesday morning I finally took him to the doctor and he had an ear infection- no wonder the fever and all the crying. And after that I noticed he just kept laying his ear on his hand and making a funny face. The doctor prescribed him an antibiotic to help his ear. A couple days later he broke out in a rash so I took him back to the doctor. I thought it was from the antibiotic, but the doctor thought it was Roseola- since he had the fever. But he prescribed him another antibiotic anyway just in case. After a day or two the rash was mostly gone and Whit was back to his normal "Happy" self. Then just Wednesday he broke out in a rash again and this time it was way worse (you'll see pictures later) so I called the doctor back and they said it probably wasn’t roseola because it wouldn’t last this long, and that it must be an allergy or something else. I just hope it’s not the antibiotic. The next day it was mostly gone and now Whit looks much better. Lets just hope he stays that way. Even though he has been so sad, he was still such a sweet heart and we are so lucky to have him. I guess we can continue with the Happy stuff again.

9) Whit is getting more into reading books with me now. He will actually sit on my lap and read with me for 5 minutes or so. He loves to turn the pages, and he loves books with animals. He also has a picture book with pictures of our family in it. He loves to look at the pictures of dad, while he is at school.
10) Whits favorite foods are chicken nuggets, grapes, apples, macaroni and cheese, and corn dogs. I don't really give him any candy, but he is so smart I have had a little bowl of starburst jellybeans on the counter and anytime we pick him up and he sees them he begs for them even though he doesn't even know what they are. I guess he will probably have a sweet tooth like his mom.

Whit tags anyone who would like to do this.

1 comment:

tkayo said...

HOw fun, Whit sounds a lot like Ian. Uh ohh, is his favorite word too. And just like Whit he does it on purpose when I am watching. I can't wait to get them back together. You guys are pretty good to not give him candy. It is probably because you don't live by grandma.... they always spoil them with candy. Anyway, Ians favorite food is chocolate!! hmmm... Where could he have learned that???
Love you guys!