Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1st summer in Milwaukee

We moved to Milwuakee the end of May so Jake could start his Orthodontic Residency at Marquette University.  The day we left Richmond it was about 95 degrees (I was so excited for summer) but a few days later we got to Milwaukee and it was about 48 degrees.  Luckily it didn't stay like that for long.  It warmed up and we had a fun summer going to the parks, splash pads and the Lake.  

Whit was so excited went he found out that we would have a lawn to mow!  We are in a duplex so the boys only have to do it every other week but Whit wishes he could do it every day.  Once in a while he will follow Jake with his little lawn mower but usually he likes to hold onto the bar and help daddy push the big one.
Rockin' Out!


Fun at the Children's  Museum

 
Taylor thought it would be funny to put on some of my shorts, they are so tight around her since she is in one leg.  I ran downstairs to grab the camera, I came around the corner and some how she made it down the stairs like that without falling (until I told her to turn around and then she fell right after I snapped the picture!)





Whit's new friend that lives a couple houses down has this fun police car that they love to drive around.

We have had fun going to all the splash pads and wading pools.



I made this Boredom Jar for the summer filled with different activities for the kids to pick out.  It was such a fun idea, we'll have to make sure to pull it out next summer.  One of our activities was to make these fun cookies...
Lake Michigan has this fun park we love to go to play, ride bikes and have picnics.

 Jake took Whit to a Brewers game.  Whit was so excited to go with his daddy.

1 comment:

Hksedwick said...

We love the rockin video. I think Twinkle Twinkle Little Star should always be sung shirtless...hahaha