Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sharing a Room

Where do I begin... Wow, I really wish my kids didn't have to share a room!! It would make bed time & nap time so much easier, but unfortunately I don't have a choice. Most nights I try and put Taylor to bed about 45 mins before Whit but a lot of nights I don't want to wait that long. Sometimes I just put him to bed in my room, but then he wants me stay in here with him and then I don't get anything I need to do done. If Taylor isn't asleep by the time I take Whit in to bed then I have to just forget about them going to sleep. Usually we try to get Taylor to bed around 7:30 but if they stay up playing they won't get to bed for atleast 2 hours.
One night I went in to check on them and Whit was doing Cannon Balls into Taylor's crib! Luckily he didn't land on her, she was just sitting there laughing at him (of course, because she loves everything he does and she wants to do it too). They can't just lay in their own beds and talk. Whit will always take a bunch of toys and books and climb in Tay's crib and they read and play forever.
I get so frustrated over it, but when I go back and read this it helps me laugh about it a little.
Finally they give up and I am so happy when they are asleep.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh man... I can't stop laughing about the cannon ball thing...

Jenna said...

i'm sure it is super frustruating, but it is also pretty hilarious too, right? those 'naughty' kids are so funny.

Dallings said...

You are the best mommy!